Uber has slowly become a household name along with Lyft and other rideshare companies here in Irvine.
Unfortunately taking an Uber ride doesn’t eliminate the chance to be injured in an auto accident.
The bottom line is that Uber accidents happen all the time here in California and you need to know what your legal rights are before getting injured in a rideshare accident.
Why Contact Law Offices of Daniel Kim
You always want to make sure you hire a very experienced Uber accident lawyer when you are dealing with injuries from the accident.
Dealing with the insurance companies (especially commercial insurance companies), medical bills, police reports, and car repairs is not something anybody wants to think about.
When you hire the Law Offices of Daniel Kim you can rest assured that we will take that stress away and make sure you get maximum compensation for you Uber settlement.
If you need help with an Uber accident case call us because:
- Daniel Kim knows Uber and rideshare laws
- We have over 1000 positive reviews on Yelp and Google
- We use top negotiators to prove your case
- We help you get immediate medical care
- You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We negotiate aggressively with insurance companies
How Much Is My Uber Accident Settlement Worth
We always focus on your health and recovery, but we never lose sight of getting you maximum compensation for the injuries you suffered.
Some key things to remember are that a settlement could be taxable and each personal injury settlement takes a different amount of time to settle.
When the medical bills start piling up you need to keep good records of everything from doctor visits to the bills you start getting in the mail for an ambulance ride or physical therapy, as all of this can help us with your case down the road.
Hire an experienced lawyer in Irvine like Daniel Kim that knows how to properly handle an Uber accident lawsuit.
Our law firm and Daniel Kim will file an accident injury claim seeking compensation for:
- Property damage – damages to your vehicle
- Lost wages – money from the past and future that you missed out on
- Medical bills – ambulance, ER, surgery, etc.
- Wrongful death – funeral costs, loss of inheritance, etc.
- Pain and suffering – pretty self explanatory
Should I Report an Accident to Uber
If you are injured from a car crash involving Uber then you definitely want to file an accident report ASAP.
Waiting to report the accident really does you no good, and when you are injured you don’t want to sit around and wait.
Your best bet is to contact our law firm today so we can help get your accident claim started and get you the medical treatment you need.
We are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you might have.
Common Causes For Uber Accidents
Uber is one of the most popular ride-share companies in America.
As with all driving there are inherent risks that exist when depending on an Uber driver to transport you.
By getting into an Uber you are putting your life into their drivers’ hands.
Uber and Lyft are great companies that help California cut down on drunk driving but this by no means eliminates all of these accidents.
You will need an Irvine Uber accident lawyer like Daniel Kim to help, call us today.
This is a list of what causes many Uber crashes in Irvine –
- Speeding (always more dangerous when driving at high speeds)
- Distracted Drivers (looking at phone GPS for directions)
- Road rage (acting crazy toward other drivers)
- Inclement weather (in Irvine usually consists of rain and fog)
- Drowsy drivers (working too many hours for Uber)
- Mechanical failures (flat tire, faulty brakes, etc.)
- Driving under the influence (drugs, pills, alcohol)
- Potholes (can lead to losing control of the vehicle)
Common Injuries From an Uber Accident
Every Uber accident in Irvine is unique to the situation at hand.
These mishaps can have minor or major injuries and consequences like all car accidents do.
There are so many factors that can impact what injuries you suffer in a crash.
Things like speed, your health and age, airbags deploy, wearing seat belt, etc.
Some of these things are out of the Uber drivers control and based on the impact of the car that hits them in the accident.
Other factors like the size of the car and safety features can also play a major role in the outcome of the situation.
Don’t wait around after an accident to see how you feel, your best bet is to seek medical treatment to ensure your well-being, even if that means an ambulance ride.
Of course, the severity of your injuries will play a major role in your settlement so call our offices today for a Free consultation.
Below is a list of injuries we see every day from Uber accidents in Irvine:
- Concussion (Brain injury from striking steering wheel or windshield)
- Whiplash (most common in accidents)
- Knee and ankle (ACL damage, sprains and fractures)
- Back and neck (spinal injuries can be permanent)
- Death (the worst of the worst losing a life, but it does happen)
- Facial injury (broken bones, bruises and cuts)
- Burns (car fires can occur in bad accidents)
What To Do After an Uber Accident
Like any car accident, if you have been involved in an Uber crash you need to stay calm.
Car accidents can be confusing, especially when dealing with companies like Uber.
If you stay calm then you can follow a certain process to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights.
This is just a short list of what to do immediately after being involved with an Uber car accident –
- Make sure you and everyone else is ok and out of danger
- Call 911 and wait for the police (this will help create a police report)
- Ask any potential witness for their contact information
- Get information from other driver (insurance, license, etc.)
- Take photos or video (on your phone) of the scene, your car, your injuries, etc.
- If possible, take yourself to the hospital to get checked out, don’t ignore any minor pain.
- Contact Daniel Kim Law Offices for Free consultation
Uber Accidents In Irvine
Ridesharing services like Uber have become incredibly popular the last decade, but people throughout Irvine are starting to see that they can be pretty dangerous as well – with hundreds of accidents and injuries reported every single year.
In 2017 along, just north of 170 people were injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident involving at least one ridesharing car.
Deaths from Uber accidents in Irvine
Thankfully, all of these Uber related accidents have not resulted in to many fatalities – but that doesn’t mean that they do not happen anywhere else in Orange County.
According to information released by the state of California, more than 20 people passed away from injuries sustained in accidents that involved at least one ridesharing car.
Injuries from Uber accidents
Injuries are pretty common when you’re talking about an automotive accident, and accidents involving Uber driven cars are no different.
Just over 170 people were injured in Uber related accidents throughout Irvine in 2017.
Drugs or alcohol in Uber accidents
The state of California has reported that 32% of drivers involved in automotive accidents (all automotive accidents) test positive for some type of drug.
On top of that, California alcohol-related automotive fatalities are up 36.8% since 2011.
Irvine car accidents involved a distracted driver
Distracted driving is a major threat to public safety on Irvine roads and 80% of all vehicle accidents throughout California are found to have been caused by at least some form of inattention by drivers behind the wheel.
This is obviously not a problem specific to Irvine or California in general, but a problem that’s really plaguing roadways throughout the rest of the United States as well.
Upwards of 40% of all California drivers also admit that they use their phones while they are driving, distracting them, even though they know that it is against the law to do so.
Dangerous Intersections in Orange County for car accidents
Irvine has a handful of intersections that can be particularly dangerous, but none more so than the intersection of Culver Drive and Irvine Boulevard.
In 2017 alone this intersection had 39 accidents, 45 injuries from those accidents, and there was even a fatality.
Jamboree and Alton is also a very dangerous intersection for cars and pedestrians alike.
It’s important to keep both eyes peeled and your attention focused not only on the road but on other drivers when you are near this intersection!