Did you know that you can file an injury lawsuit if you have gotten in an accident while riding a bicycle? Every year, hundreds of accident victims never get the compensation they deserve. At The Law Offices of Daniel Kim, we fight for all cyclists that have been involved in an accident with a motor vehicle and help each of our clients get the right financial compensation for their specific case. If you are looking for a bicycle lawyer, our team of personal injury attorneys is here to help.
When you ride a bike, you’re affecting the world in all kinds of positive ways. You’re reducing fossil fuel consumption, reducing traffic congestion, saving money on gas, exercising, and increasing your happiness.
In other words, cyclists are forces for good. For this reason, it’s especially tragic that so many are seriously injured every year in collisions with cars, buses, trucks, and other vehicles.
Every cyclist knows that they have to be acutely aware of the rules of the road, because drivers routinely ignore them. And when an automobile and a bicycle collide, the rider of the bicycle is the one who gets hurt.
Request Your Free Consultation With A Bike Accident LawyerSchedule Free Consultation
What to Do After You’ve Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident
- Never admit fault
- Always get a police report
- Take down the contact information of any witnesses
After you get home, you’ll need to take some more steps to protect yourself:
1. See the DoctorBeing struck while riding a bike can cause serious injuries like spinal damage, traumatic brain injuries, and broken bones. Even if you don’t have obvious symptoms, you need to go to the hospital as soon as possible. Seeing the doctor will keep you alive and help strengthen your claim.
2. Document the DamageTake detailed notes about your experience, your injuries, and your medical care. Keep all the receipts and correspondence from your interactions with doctors, insurance companies, and others. Take many photographs of your injuries and the damage to your bike.
3. Stay QuietAn adjuster from the driver's insurance company will probably call you and ask for a statement. Get their name and phone number but do not speak about the accident or agree to sign any documents. These people are not your friend — they are searching for any way to reduce the compensation they’ll have to pay you.
4. Call a LawyerTo insurance companies, unrepresented victims are easy targets. They’ll do anything they can to undercompensate you for your injuries. The bicycle accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel Kim are specifically trained to deal with insurance companies and ensure you get as much financial compensation as possible for the suffering you’ve been through.
- At the Law Offices of Daniel Kim, our goal is to help all individuals who have suffered from a personal injury. Whether you’ve gotten in an accident while driving, walking, or even while cycling, our California bicycle accident attorneys are ready to fight for you.Contact our team to talk to a bicycle accident lawyer today and schedule your free consultation.REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form to get in touch with us ASAP