Why You Need An Automobile Accident Attorney
Southern California is car country, and that makes our roads particularly dangerous. Distracted, negligent, and reckless automobile drivers cause around 600 injuries per day in our state.
Even at low speeds, car accidents often cause serious injuries or death. To make matters worse, some of the injuries people commonly suffer in car accidents don’t become apparent until days or weeks later.
Dealing with the aftermath of an automobile accident is extremely complicated. Many accident victims have trouble navigating the maze of police, insurance adjusters, doctors, and mechanics.
REQUEST YOUR FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN ORANGE COUNTY CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERSchedule Free Consultation
What to Do After You’ve Been Injured in a Car Accident
- Never admit fault
- Always get a police report
- Take down the contact information of any witnesses
After you get home, you’ll need to take some more steps to protect yourself:
1. See the DoctorYou may have suffered serious injuries from your car crash like spinal damage, traumatic brain injury, and broken bones. Even if you don’t have obvious symptoms, you need to go to the hospital as soon as possible. Seeing the doctor will keep you alive and help strengthen your claim.
2. Document the DamageTake detailed notes about your experience, your injuries, your property damage, and your medical expenses and care. Keep all the receipts and correspondence from your interactions with doctors, insurance companies, and others. Take many photographs of your injuries and the damage to your vehicle. All of this information will be crucial evidence for your car accident lawyer.
3. Stay QuietAn adjuster from the other driver's insurance company will probably call you and ask for a statement. Get their name and phone number but do not speak about the automobile accident or agree to sign any documents. These people are not your friend — they are searching for any way to reduce the compensation they’ll have to pay you.
4. Call an Auto Accident LawyerTo insurance companies, unrepresented victims in a motor vehicle accident are easy targets. They’ll do anything they can to undercompensate you for your injuries. The car accident attorneys at The Law Offices of Daniel Kim are specifically trained to deal with insurance companies and ensure you get as much money as possible for the pain and suffering you’ve been through. If you need an auto accident attorney to file an injury claim, our team is ready to fight for you. At Daniel Kim, our law firm helps each of our accident victims get the compensation they deserve. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation with one of our car crash lawyers.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION Fill out the form to get in touch with us ASAP OR Call us at 800-719-9779
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form to get in touch with us ASAP